29 Aug Baked Banana Lumpia
Banana Lumpia is a traditional Filipino snack, we have a tasty version that is baked instead of fried, super simple and makes a great quick treat!
Baked Banana Lumpia
Makes 12 Lumpias
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 2 bananas cut into 6 pieces each
- 1 egg
- 1 T water
- 1/4 C chocolate chips
- 12 8×8 inch spring roll wrappers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Cut bananas in half lengthwise and into thirds to make 6 pieces out of each banana.
- Prep egg wash by whisking together water and egg.
- To form the Lumpia place a spring roll wrapper horizontally in front of you, dip a piece of bananas into the cinnamon sugar mixture and place at the edge of the spring roll wrapper. Sprinkle a few chocolate chips right above the banana.
- Begin rolling spring roll wrapper away from you, tucking in the sides as you roll
- Brush egg wash the top half of the wrapper to seal.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Enjoy!