09 Aug Peach Pie Pops
Its Summer Peach Season, so of course we are trying to use peaches in all of our recipes! We are obsessed with these Peach Pie Pops because everything tastes better on a popsicle stick!
Peach Pie Pops
Makes 12 (3 inch round) mini pie pops
- 2 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 1 t salt
- 1 C unsalted butter
- 1/4 C ice water
- 10 oz fresh peaches, chopped
- 1/4 C sugar
- 2 T cornstarch
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t nutmeg
- pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 2 T water
- 12 popsicle sticks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir flour and salt together. Add the butter. Using a fork, mix until the dough resembles coarse meal (butter looks like pea sized balls). Pour ice water in a slow, steady stream, until the dough just holds together when pinched. If necessary, add more water. Do not over mix.
- Turn the dough onto your work surface and gather into a ball. Divide the dough into 2 pieces, flattening each half into a disk. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 15 minutes.
- To prepare the filling, in a saucepan cook down peaches, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt for 5 minutes until peaches have softened and sauce has thickened.
- To assemble pops, roll dough flat (between ¼”-⅛” thick) and cut into 3” circles (2 circles per pop). Place a popsicle stick into the middle of one of the circles and spoon filling over circle with popsicle stick, put another circle on top. Seal by crimping open edges with a fork. Poke a few holes in the top to let steam out and brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Enjoy!