The holidays are here! It is our favorite time of year for spending time with loved ones, enjoying special traditions and creating new memories! Here at Taste Buds Kitchen our yearly tradition is to decorate our Winter Wonderland Kitchen. Our whole team gathers together to fill jars with holiday candy, hang lights all around and decorate our tree while enjoying holiday tunes! This year we kicked off the holiday with a company wide Gingerbread House Decorating Contest – everyone got competitive and the results were amazing! Read on for more of our favorite holiday traditions.
We’d love to hear about your favorite holiday traditions!
Our Favorite Holiday Traditions
- Decorating Gingerbread Houses at TBK. Holiday fun and candy galore for everyone. To join in the fun, find our nearest Kitchen and their upcoming schedule.
- Drinking delicious hot cocoa with lots of marshmallows. Enjoy our recipe below and make some with your favorite budding chefs.
- Listening to our favorite holiday tunes! And perfecting the lyrics to the 12 days of Christmas. Who knows all the words?
- Baking and decorating our favorite holiday cookies. Enjoy our favorite sugar cookie recipe including easy steps to impress all of your friends and family with beautiful Holiday Cookies.
- Caroling with our neighbors.
- Visiting the zoo and wishing the animals a “Happy Holidays”.
- Marveling at department store holiday windows. Who are those window display elves?
- Visiting Santa and giving him our holiday wish list.
- Adopting an Elf on the Shelf and looking for him every morning.
- The first night of Hanukkah and playing dreidel games.
- Reading books by the fire as we cozy up in our holiday pajamas on Christmas Eve.
- And last but certainly not least, enjoying family time with our favorite people as we celebrate the reason for the season!
Mix chocolate, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
Heat milk on medium-low heat until just bubbling and reduce heat to simmer. Add vanilla then stir. Add dry mixture, whisking constantly until all chocolate has melted and sugar dissolves.
To make fresh whipped cream. Put heavy cream, confectioners sugar and vanilla extract in a chilled metal bowl, whisk briskly until fluffy and soft peaks form (do not over whip). Keep whipped cream chilled until hot chocolate is ready.
Let hot chocolate cool before serving. Top with whipped cream or mini marshmallows. Enjoy!