Our March Junior Chef of the Month is Sammy! Sammy is a budding chef in one of our after school clubs and was chosen because he is so animated, inquisitive and open-minded. Plus, he is such an adventurous eater!
- First Culinary Creation: Ribs! They’re my favorite food. I like when they’re nice and juicy.
- Favorite Recipe: My favorite recipe is the pumpkin macaroni and cheese that we made in class.
- Favorite Kitchen Utensil: My favorite cooking utensil is a spoon because you can use it to eat so many things.
- Favorite Cooking Fact: Dark chocolate is good for your heart.
- Wants to cook next: I want to make fried chicken next!
- Child’s quote in response to hearing that they’ve been select as Taste Buds’ “Junior Chef of the Month”:
I’m excited to be chosen as Junior Chef of the Month because that means I’m the chosen one. And I like cooking because I LOVE eating! Also, people who don’t like ribs: I know where you live.”
Thank you, Sammy, for bringing your amazing talent to our Taste Buds Kitchen After School clubs!
Sammy’s instructor is the February Teacher of the Month: Chef Priscilla! Priscilla teaches everything from cooking camps to after school cooking classes.
- First Culinary Creation: My mom bought me a picture book about how to make chocolate chip cookies. This is my first memory of cooking-making chocolate chip cookies!
- Favorite Recipe: My favorite recipe is shakshuka. It definitely takes a lot of prep but it’s so worth it!
- Favorite Kitchen Utensil: My favorite cooking utensil is my chef’s knife because I use it all the time and for everything! I like my microplane too 🙂
- Favorite Cooking Fact: Using coffee or espresso in recipes that include chocolate enhances the chocolate flavor. Oh yes!
- Wants to cook next: My sister bought me an ice cream maker last year and I haven’t used it in a few months so I think I’ll make a new ice cream soon.
- Teacher’s quote in response to hearing that they’ve been select as Taste Buds’ “Teacher of the Month”: Wow!
- Thanks! I love cooking at home so being able to share this with our budding chefs is really fun. It’s rewarding to see them grow as cooks and try new things.
Thanks, Priscilla, for bringing your delicious talents to the TBK table! Can’t wait to see what you cook next!