TBK NYC is pleased to highlight Bella as our Chef of the Month. Bella is always enthusiastic and excited when coming to Taste Buds Kitchen for Cooking Camps. This Summer Bella has been one of our top Counselor’s in Training during our morning camp, assisting our young campers with their recipes! We love having Bella as a part of our Taste Buds Kitchen community, she comes in ready to go for cooking everyday!
- Age: 12 Years
- Neighborhood: Battery Park City, New York
- First Culinary Creation: Holiday Suga-Cookies
- Favorite Recipe: Lemon Yogurt Cupcakes
- Favorite Kitchen Utensil: Whisk! I just love to stir and whip everything.
- Favorite Cooking Fact: Baking powder has cream of tartar in it which allows the dough to rise in the oven without something to react with, it just reacts with itself in the oven.
- Wants to Cook Next: I really want to cook Sushi. Now that I know how to I can’t wait to eat it. I also can’t wait for a Culinary Challenge such as this.
Her response to hearing that she’s been select as our Chef of the Month: ” Really! That can’t be. Well, I guess it is. I am so excited! Yet no one can know – or at least not yet, I need to prove myself even further first, I must get better. Then the world can know, because I will be worthy of the award, even more than I was before.”