Perfect for any day of the year, these delicious and chewy coconut macaroons will please any sweet tooth! Not only are they delicious but they are quick and easy to make and a huge crowd pleaser. We pull this recipe out for all of our cooking classes for kids AND adults this time of year for Passover because it is a tasty flourless treat.
- Get all of your ingredients together – this is a quick recipe – the longest process is measuring out your ingredients!
- Mix together your dry ingredients (coconut, cornstarch and salt) and your wet ingredients (egg whites, sugar and vanilla).
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients.
- Mix well and let sit for 5 minutes so the dry coconut can re-hydrate all the liquid.
- Scoop cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet – bake for 15-20 minutes on 350 until golden brown on all the coconut edges. Once cooked, let cool completely and remove them from the tray.
- Melt chocolate, divide half into a piping bag and leave the other half in a bowl. Dip all of the bottoms of cookies into the bowl of melted chocolate.
- With the piping bag cut to a very thin tip, pipe the tops of each cookie. Put in the freezer to chill for 10-15 minutes until chocolate has hardened.